Remote Learning Resources
For Parents & Students
DOE Student Accounts
To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, the DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student, including 3K and Pre-K students.
The account gives your student access to Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365, through the Remote Learning Portal.
However, if a student's school has setup a Gmail account outside of the DOE domain, parents will need to speak to the school to get the account login information. Find your school.
TRack Your Child's Work & Learn from home
Did you know that you can track your child’s education on any computer, phone, or tablet? The NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) is an app that lets you see your student’s grades, attendance, fitness results, schedule, and more from anywhere and in all DOE languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu. Get started right now!
For Schools & Teachers
Teaching Resources for Staff
All members of our school communities are encouraged to regularly visit schools.nyc.gov/learnathome to access the most current learning resources and important information for engaging in remote instruction.
- TeachHUB: Links to applications and programs for a variety of online instructional resources, including Grade Band Instructional Resources in all subject areas.
- Teach From Home: (requires sign in) A new section of the InfoHub that will have up to date information, including announcements and updates on professional learning opportunities.
- NYCDOE | DIIT remote learning calendar
Request, CAncel or Return a Device
Remote Learning Device Request
To help students stay connected during emergencies, the DOE is lending internet-enabled iPads to support remote learning for students. If you would like to request a device for a NYC student in your family, please fill out this form. There is a limit of one device per student.
For students that have not signed the device agreement form, would like to cancel a request or return a device: click here
Technical Support Options
The Tech Helpdesk is available to staff, students, and parents during this COVID-19 shift to remote learning. If technical support is needed (logging in, printing, smartboards, telephone problems, internet connectivity, etc.)
NYCDOE IT Helpdesk online or via phone (718)-935-5100
Remote Devices Helpdesk
For Parents and Families (Specific to remote device issues and available in multiple languages) via phone (718) 935-2200
iPad and Apple Devices Helpdesk
- Hardware: Call AppleCare Support for the NYCDOE at 1-800-919-2775. When prompted, enter the PIN: 692363 (NYCDOE). ONLY call this number to ask about setting up your iPad or accessing learning applications once you receive the device. Do not call to check on the status of your device request. See iPad Distribution for information and timelines around devices.
- Software: Call the DOE Service Desk at 718-935-5100.